[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data 2.4.7 released

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 22:30:58 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bad luck. :( That's clearly a regression in Debian, maybe some kind soul
> will report it on the Debian bug tracker.

Interesting part of the `reportbug` tool:

Getting status for valgrind...
Checking for newer versions at madison...
Your version (1:3.12.0~svn20160714-1+b1) of valgrind appears to be out of date.
The following newer release(s) are available in the Debian archive:
  testing: 1:3.13.0-1
  unstable: 1:3.13.0-1
Do you still want to file a report [y|N|q|?]?

I'm clicking "N" and bailing. If anyone else wants to follow through
and figure out
how in the world newer versions of a package in testing and unstable
are relevant
to a crasher in the stable package for the chief memory-debugging tool in Linux,
be my guest.