[L2Ork-dev] GSOC-18

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 11:10:44 EST 2018

Hello Anish,
Welcome!

A good starting place is the README.md in the repo:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data

I'd suggest looking at the "Build Guide" link and trying to compile
Purr Data for your OS.

As for the GUI, the relevant files are in purr-data/pd/nw. The main
library is "pdgui.js" and "pd_canvas.js."

We use nw.js as our GUI toolkit which is based on Chromium and Node.js.

I don't yet have a guide for the GUI code, but I do have some comments
on the little interface I built
here:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/blob/master/pd/nw/pdgui.js#L1827

The GUI originally used the tcl/tk GUI toolkit. A lot of the code
doesn't look like particularly idiomatic javascript
because I tried to follow pretty closely to what was already
implemented in tcl. But most of the logic in the GUI
is extremely simple and fairly readable.

Most of the functionality required to touch the filesystem leverages
node.js-- things like the search engine, opening
files, etc.

Hope that helps, and please post to the list if you have further questions.

Best,
Jonathan