[L2Ork-dev] Applying for GSoc

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 16:19:41 EST 2018

Hello Aniket,
Welcome!

One of the first things you can do is sign up on git.purrdata.net and
fork the repo at

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data

Once you've got your ssh key set up in gitlab, you can clone over ssh
(the default option
for cloning when you're logged in)

Then try to compile Purr Data for your platform:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data#build-guide

If that goes well, you might have a look at one of the issues labeled
"good first bug" on the issue tracker:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues?label_name%5B%5D=good-first-bug

I'd suggest making a feature branch for the bugfix with `git checkout
-b fix-whatever-bug`

Once it looks like it works, you can do a `git push` for that branch
and then create a merge request
in the Gitlab interface. Then we can take a look and make comments in
the Gitlab interface.

That should be a basic outline of the development process.

Also-- I don't think I made a project idea yet that is related to Gem,
which does not ship with Purr
Data under OSX. I see you wrote that you have experience with OpenGL.
Have you used Gem before?