[L2Ork-dev] xwiimote-lua (xwiimote wrapper and Pd-Lua external)

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:27:28 EDT 2018

Hi everybody,

I wrote this some time during the last semester, planning to provide it for
a student project. That is history now (the students ended up doing
something else), but I thought that others may find it useful for
interfacing to the Wii Remote as well, so I brushed it up a little and
published it on Github:

https://github.com/agraef/xwiimote-lua

This external uses libxwiimote and the xwiimote kernel driver, rather than
the user space driver and utilities that disis_wiimote uses. Support for
the latter seems to have slipped in newer Bluez versions, at least I could
never get them to work in Arch. And yes, Ico, I gave that a really serious
try *before* writing this replacement. ;-)

The package includes a low-level Lua wrapper for libxwiimote (written in
C), and the actual Pd external written in Lua. So if nothing else it can
serve as an example both on extending Lua in C and on writing a Pd external
in Lua.

Note, again, that this uses xwiimote which AFAICT is Linux-only, so if
you're a Mac or Windows users, sorry, this is not for you. :(

Linux users, enjoy. :)

You can find more of my Pd/Faust/Pure et al side projects at:
https://agraef.github.io/

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com