[L2Ork-dev] GSOC: multi-core Purr?

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:34:55 EDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 1:19 AM, João Pais <jmmmpais at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking rather mainly of dsp processing - although the gui can be
> heavy in some cases, mostly it's dsp that goes to the limits.

Pd's real-time core is single-threaded by design, so don't expect that
to change anytime soon. Coarse parallelism is available by running
different instances of the real-time engine using the pd~ object, cf.
extra/pd~. Unfortunately, this object doesn't seem to work in Purr
Data yet. (At least I couldn't get it to work, YMMV.)

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com