[L2Ork-dev] GSOC: multi-core Purr?

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:22:16 EDT 2018

It depends on what you mean by multi-core.

For example, event responders for data structure array
clicks in which the elements are drawn using `[draw]` actually
happen in the GUI. So if you have an array with 1,000,000
elements and click element number 999,999 there's no
bbox traversal in the audio process to find the thing that
received a click.

In other words, the click handler happens in the GUI process,
which on most modern computers is running on a different
CPU than the audio process.

I think Guilio had some improvements with mouse motion
that similarly moved event logic to the GUI. So that's another
example.

But there is no plan to change Pd's message passing internals
nor its DSP graph to run things in parallel.

-Jonathan