[L2Ork-dev] rfc: tiny gui interface

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 05:25:15 UTC 2017

> This is great news, Jonathan. Is this the most appropriate API for devising the K-12 menu or should I pursue pure
> HTML/CSS implementation by altering the canvas HTML doc?
Probably the best way is to a) start with a super simple interface for loading an arbitrary
page in a canvas's iframe, and then b) leverage that to load a "k12" iframe which we ship withPurr Data.

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor
Computer Music
ICAT Senior Fellow
Director -- DISIS, L2Ork
Virginia Tech
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-6139
ico at vt.edu
www.performingarts.vt.edu
disis.icat.vt.edu
l2ork.icat.vt.edu
ico.bukvic.net
On Nov 14, 2017 23:05, "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi list,I've got a branch that adds a small GUI API that can incrementally be switched out
for the current "tcl-like" content inside the various functions of pdgui.js.
Currently, there are some problems that can crop up when updates to the GUI get
sent from Pd before the GUI has finished loading the window. I've got some stop-gap
existence checks sprinkled about but that isn't very maintainable.
This interface has three benefits:1. The existence checks are abstracted away.2. The methods return a reference to the API so commands can be chained together3. Non-existent elements within such a chain will just be silently skipped without error.
Have a look here:https://git.purrdata.net/ jwilkes/purr-data/tree/gui- refactor
The current Pd<->GUI API can still be used with this; hence it can incrementally replace
the current code.
Any suggestions are welcome.