[L2Ork-dev] rfc: tiny gui interface

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 04:05:45 UTC 2017

Hi list,I've got a branch that adds a small GUI API that can incrementally be switched out
for the current "tcl-like" content inside the various functions of pdgui.js.
Currently, there are some problems that can crop up when updates to the GUI get
sent from Pd before the GUI has finished loading the window. I've got some stop-gap
existence checks sprinkled about but that isn't very maintainable.
This interface has three benefits:1. The existence checks are abstracted away.2. The methods return a reference to the API so commands can be chained together3. Non-existent elements within such a chain will just be silently skipped without error.
Have a look here:https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/tree/gui-refactor
The current Pd<->GUI API can still be used with this; hence it can incrementally replace
the current code.
Any suggestions are welcome.