[L2Ork-dev] updating cyclone

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 14:36:27 UTC 2017

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:>> It must be a makefile issue after all, in the library root makefile.
>
>> Pd-lib-builder doesn't define PD_INCLUDE. It does define PD_PATH for
> PD-X compatibility and should find binary and source files from there
> if the tree layout is similar. If not, you can specify PDBINDIR and
> PDINCLUDEDIR in the central library makefile.
>
> You can see from
> http://disis.music.vt.edu/pipermail/l2ork-dev/2017-March/001235.html
>
> that the first line is feeding in a sane location for PD_PATH. The tree
> structure is exactly the same as pd-extended.  That looks like sane
> input to me.
>
> But this does not look like sane output to the linker flag:
> --enable-auto-import "/pd.dll"
>
> There's no reason for "pd.dll" to exist in the toplevel directory of the
> build environment.

> The path for pd.dll is missing because it wasn't found. If you have
'PD_PATH=/home/USER/purr-data/pd', pd-lib-builder will try to find
header files in '/home/USER/purr-data/pd/src/' and pd.dll in
'/home/USER/purr-data/pd/bin/'. If your tree layout doesn't have
source and binary directories under the same parent, don't use the
PD_PATH variable but specify PDINCLUDEDIR and PDBINDIR.

I can't find any combination of PDDIR, PDINCLUDEDIR, and PDBINDIR
that gets me a sensible path for "--enable-auto-import".  (Or just trying
to set PDINCLUDEDIR and PDBINDIR by themselves.)
I also get this at the head of the make pd-cyclone output:ls: cannot access 'C:\Program Files/pd/bin': No such file or directory
ls: cannot access 'C:\Program Files/pd/src': No such file or directory

I imagine the problem is that we're still using the makefile.mingw script
in pd/src, and it puts pd.dll in pd/src instead of pd/bin.  Still, the variables
above should take care of that.
-Jonathan