[L2Ork-dev] updating cyclone

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 17:18:59 UTC 2017

it's a rather complicated object that really doesn't work
like any other Pd object: no bounding box, no inlet (I think you're
supposed to be able to make it visible and invisible)

> It should have a bounding box and an inlet when in edit mode. A bit similarly like Pd's comment, which has a bounding right limit when in edit mode, so not that really weird after all and not too different!
> BTW, I just noticed how dealing with Pd's comment is a bit different in Purr Data and harder, as you can't really see that right limit (you guys plan on change that?).
I made a bug report.  Should be an easy fix.

> Oh, and scope~ too should have visible inlets/outlet when in edit mode.
Only in edit mode?

> Pd hides inlets in GUIs when you give it send/receive names, so that shouldn't be something 'weird' either.
Unfortunately this is another inconsistency in Pd.  For atom box, the lack of xlets means send/receive symbols
are active, and no wired connections may be created.  For iemguis it means send/receive symbols are active
but you can still make connections in the place where the xlets should appear.
-Jonathan