[L2Ork-dev] updating cyclone

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:22:19 UTC 2017

> I have to agree with Alexandre there, the built-in comment object is
> somewhat lacking in features. Cyclone's new comment object would certainly
> be nice to have. But I guess that it still needs to be ported to Purr Data?
> Then it all boils down to whether anyone is volunteering to do that.

I had a response with an attachment that didnt go through...

Well, I just wanted to highlight how cyclone's comment is nothing new, it's
been there in cyclone for over a decade. It was just never included in
Pd-l2ork or Purr Data. We haven't really touched it yet (at least for
adding features, we have made a couple of fixes).

I'm just trying to say nothing really changed with us... and my idea was
that we were to include it in Purr Data eventually, but not just right now.

As far as documentation goes. I made an adaptation where it doesn't really
look relevantly different. So no problem there, other than there are 2
different sets of docs... but what can you do?

I'm just not willing to exclude comment from the cyclone pack or take it
out the documentation just because it hasn't been ported to Purr Data...

Now, if there's an idea that cyclone/comment shouldn't be ported to Purr
Data, well, now that's something else... but even if that is so... we could
still make the new cyclone get into Purr Data, in the same way as the old
cyclone (which already had comment) is!

I just hope this doesn't get in the way of us trying to build it and ship
it ASAP in the next Purr Data release.

cheers