[L2Ork-dev] updating cyclone

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 08:52:16 UTC 2017

On Mar 21, Albert Graef wrote:
> I have to agree with Alexandre there, the built-in comment object is
> somewhat lacking in features. Cyclone's new comment object would certainly
> be nice to have. But I guess that it still needs to be ported to Purr Data?
> Then it all boils down to whether anyone is volunteering to do that.

I've looked at the code on and off (and I think Matt has too). The
original goal at least has been to add the features missing from the
current version of Cyclone in the Tcl version then port it over. The
issue is that it's a rather complicated object that really doesn't work
like any other Pd object: no bounding box, no inlet (I think you're
supposed to be able to make it visible and invisible), does something
weird to hide args and position the actual comment, etc. I've been slowly
figuring out more and more of the GUI/Tcl side of Pure Data through working
on objects like coll and mousestate and mousefilter and I'm willing to look
at the code more, but this object in particular seems to be a lot to take in...

Derek
--
Derek Kwan
www.derekxkwan.com