[L2Ork-dev] Contributing to new GUI improvement?

Marco Donnarumma lists at marcodonnarumma.com
Mon Dec 18 17:02:53 UTC 2017

Hi Ivica!

and thanks for the welcome :)

--

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> Completely agree with Albert--your contributions would be most welcome.
> Thank you, Marco, and welcome to the community! I suggest that you
> communicate closely with Jonathan who is the wizard behind the node-webkit
> port as he will know more than anyone else at this point as to what it will
> take to make your objects possible. One thing to consider, Jonathan a while
> ago showed how easy it is to make GUI objects using newly introduced
> additions to the data structures he developed, so that may be another way
> to achieve what you're looking for without having to delve into C--this may
> also make your GUI elements more flexible and extensible.

yep, are you referring to the knub patch?
There is indeed so much potential in there. We need to solve the GOP issue
in order to implement a library of widgets, however, there's nothing
stopping us from start implementation without GOP, and see how we fare.
I'll give it a go and post progresses.

best,