[L2Ork-dev] Contributing to new GUI improvement?

Marco Donnarumma lists at marcodonnarumma.com
Mon Dec 18 10:32:11 UTC 2017

Hi all,

first, congratulations on the massive effort you're putting in Purr Data!
Great job. I know I'm quite late to the party, but well, better later than
never.

Being myself a webdesigner and thus expert in html and css, as well as
familiar with nw, I wondered if I would be able to contribute somehow to
the improvements to the new Purr GUI.

Where in the Purr source should I look first to get an understanding of how
the new gui works and how it can be improved?

For instance, something basic that I'd like to achieve is a small public
library of new animated gui sliders and gui buttons with embedded preset
saving. I already did this in the form of pd objects years ago - for my XTH
Sense project - and I'm curious to see if I could re-implement it with the
new nw gui, and if it would be faster.

I'm aware this seems not to be among your priorities (at least from the
read me on Albert github), nevertheless would like to hear your opinion.

thank you,
best,

--
Marco Donnarumma, Ph.D.

*Performing bodies, sound and machinesUniversität der Künste Berlin*
http://marcodonnarumma.com

Next
Dec 15 | XTH Sense improv. w/ Scald Process @ Holotone Showcase, Arena,
Berlin
Feb 03 | Corpus Nil: Eingeweiden - New work premiere, commissioned by CTM
Festival @ HAU2, Berlin
Feb 23-25 | Amygdala MKII @ Dortmund Conference on Digitality and Theater

New Essay
"Beyond the Cyborg: Performance, attunement and autonomous computation"
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316989653_Beyond_the_Cyborg_Performance_attunement_and_autonomous_computation>

Studio
Einsteinufer 43, Raum 212
10587 Berlin, DE