[L2Ork-dev] A new guy looking to contribute

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 18:30:31 UTC 2017

> Welcome to the community, Joe. I am glad to hear you are enjoying this project and are willing to contribute. There are plenty of opportunities to do so and based on your expertise I already have a few ideas in mind. Jonathan may have some additional ones, as well. Most immediately, we are trying to port the K-12 module that is available Pd-l2ork 1.0, but has not yet been ported into 2.x, a.k.a. Purr-Data. Once ported, it would be wonderful to further expand the library of K-12 objects which are essentially a collection of abstractions. Once Jonathan shares his ideas please let us know what you may be most interested to begin with and we'll take it from there.

Since Joe is familiar with graphics tools, one place to start might be the first part of this issue:
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues/366
Basically just changing out the old Pd-extended icon for a Purr Data icon like the one found here:
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/blob/master/pd/nw/purr.png

Although that graphic could use some improvement, too, because it looks like the bottom of the mouth got cut off.
The full cat body is here:https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/blob/master/pd/doc/about/cat/CatChar_Walk-South_0000.png
I can handle the second part of that issue regarding the inno setup file.
So the steps would be something like this:
1. Clone the Purr Data repo2. Create a "feature branch" for changing the icon
3. Change packages/win32_inno/pd.ico to be the little cat head.4. Possibly improve pd/nw/purr.png, too.5. `git add` the changed files.
6. `git commit` with a short message describing that change.5. Push to your fork.
6. Make a merge request.

Of course this is a very small, rather insignificant issue. But it's fairly self-contained and doesn't even require
building the software. At the same time it takes you through one development cycle.
-Jonathan

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor