[L2Ork-dev] updating cyclone

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:57:38 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Important: do not specify or export PD_PATH
>> or PDDIR in this case, because these assume a tree layout with
>> pd/bin/pd.dll, and will mess up explicit paths.
>
> Btw-- I don't see this documented anywhere.

>From description in the makefile:

# PDDIR:
# Root directory of 'portable' pd package. When defined, PDINCLUDEDIR and
# PDBINDIR will be evaluated as $(PDDIR)/src and $(PDDIR)/bin.

and:

# PD_PATH:
# Equivalent to PDDIR. Supported for compatibility with pd-extended central
# makefile, but deprecated otherwise.

I'm trying to reorganize the order of variable expansion in such a way
that the more specific variables have precedence. Still puzzling on
this matter.