[L2Ork-dev] updating cyclone

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 14:53:38 UTC 2017

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

> [...]

>> I also get this at the head of the make pd-cyclone output:
>> ls: cannot access 'C:\Program Files/pd/bin': No such file or directory
>> ls: cannot access 'C:\Program Files/pd/src': No such file or directory

> 'C:\Program Files/pd/bin' and 'C:\Program Files/pd/src' are default
search locations which are overridable but which pd-lib-builder tries
to verify anyhow. The error messages should better go to stderror, not
stdout, that's on my to do list.
In Purr Data/Pd-l2ork we never want those paths. Does settting
PDBINDIR and PDINCLUDEDIR guarantee they are overridden?

> If m_pd.h and pd.dll are both to be found in
'/home/USER/purr-data/pd/src/', specify this same path for
PDINCLUDEDIR and PDBINDIR. Important: do not specify or export PD_PATH
or PDDIR in this case, because these assume a tree layout with
pd/bin/pd.dll, and will mess up explicit paths.

I still get the same error as before.
Here's my command:make -C $(externals_src)/pd-cyclone \    PDBINDIR=$(pd_src)/src PDINCLUDEDIR=$(pd_src)/src
I have no idea if other variables are getting set in the makefiles that
recursively called externals/Makefile. But even if that's the case the
library makefile should not break as a result.

> By the way you can get the conventional tree with pd.dll in the bin
directory via makefile.mingw if you do a local install using the
DESTDIR variable.
I'm currently in "do not touch" mode.  If I start making changes to
the Windows build system I might as well get rid of makefile.mingw
altogether.
-Jonathan