[L2Ork-dev] delwrite~ and clear method

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:44:02 UTC 2016

Howdy, in pd-l2ork there's a clear method for "delwrite~" but the help file
doesn't mention it!

This is a feature not included in vanilla, and I was trying to convince
Miller to include it, but he had some issues with it, in his words: "*My
problem with a "clear" method for delwrite~ is that it takes a
data-dependent amount of time to carry out.  OTOH, there's a way to clear
arrays.  Some thinking is needed to figure out how to clearly distinguish
between operations that are best carried out at "startup time" (whatever
that means) and things that one can get away with in real time.  I haven't
figured out how to **deal with this yet.*"

I don't really get the problem and I'm here to ask how delwrite~ is cleared
in Pd-L2ork in respect to this issue.

cheers