[L2Ork-dev] libgsl0ldbl, ubuntustudio 16.04

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sun May 1 06:29:54 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just change libgsl0ldbl to libgsl2 in the control file, then everything
> should be fine for Xenial and later. (Also, if you build the Debian package
> yourself, note that the build dependency is now libgsl-dev rather than
> libgsl0-dev.)

I should add that pd-l2ork needs a rebuild of the package on Xenial, of
course -- you can't just take the binary pd-l2ork package from Trusty and
expect the externals that need GSL to work on Xenial, even after changing
the control file.

I'm pretty sure that there were similar issues with the transition from
Precise to Trusty two years ago. There really needs to be a process to
handle those. While VT is still using Trusty, I'd suggest a separate
'xenial' branch in the pd-l2ork git repo to accommodate the necessary
changes for Xenial. Someone running Xenial should be able to figure out
exactly which changes are needed and send Ico a pull request. A similar
approach might be used for Mint and other popular Debian and Ubuntu
derivatives.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com