[L2Ork-dev] handling spaces inside labels

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:02:21 UTC 2016

A non-breaking space is ASCII code 255, copied here between the quotation marks " ". It looks like a regular space but it doesn't break the symbol, hence it can be used in a GUI object's label. In my experience it works well across platforms. You can also generate it by feeding 160 into [list tosymbol].

Leaving labels with spaces out of cross-platform patches is fine, so long as you know what you're doing. But I can imagine a user not knowing this and then getting into trouble with the error message. If it's not changed, perhaps the incompatibility should at least be documented somewhere?