[L2Ork-dev] feature request: subpatch encapsulation

Gilberto Agostinho gilbertohasnofb at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 00:48:21 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I would like to ask you if you'd consider implementing a feature similar
to Max MSP's encapsulation. Basically, if you select some objects in a
patch and then use the encapsulation shortcut (if memory serves me
right, in Max it used to be Ctrl+Shift+E), then they will be replaced by
a single subpatch. To explain better, here is a video that I edited
showing the desired feature in Pd-l2Ork:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RqOYPK9XPM

This can be a very handy feature: usually when patching people starts
with something very simple and if (or rather /when/) things start to get
complicated, they have to use a lot of copy and paste to create
subpatches manually, memorize where the connections where, create inlets
and outlets manually, etc. This feature would become very handy in these
situations.

Would you consider this to be feasible in Pd-l2Ork?

Thanks a lot and take care,
Gilberto