[L2Ork-dev] Possible bug with [envgen]

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Feb 4 23:31:24 UTC 2015

On 2/4/2015 1:58 PM, Gilberto Agostinho wrote:
> Hi Ico,
>
> Thanks a lot for your detailed reply, I really appreciate it.
>
> > Mostly. In select cases a deb could be still created while missing
> some 3rd party externals. To make sure your deb is ok you also want to
> make sure the deb file roughly a bit above 30MB.
>
> Hmm, my deb file is only 22.3 MB. Could it be because Linux Mint
> cannot find the two packages "x-ttcidfont-conf" and "defoma"?

Impossible to say. You should save your entire log and check for any
errors (just use your favorite editor and do a search for "error").

> As for the issues, [envgen] problem is indeed solved and [image] also
> works perfectly well (thanks for the clarification about it).
>
> As for the filter issues, I just brought it up because I saw an update
> on GitHub which mentioned some rework on these filters, that's all. I
> understand this is up to Miller, but after discussing this on the
> mailing list (as you might have read) it seems these are limitations
> of these filters themselves and not exactly bugs, so the suggestion is
> simply to use better objects such as [vcf~] and [hp1].

I simply updated to the latest versions in vanilla which apparently did
not do much to fix the problem. We can revisit this down the road to see
if these objects should be deprecated in favor of others you suggested.
I still need to investigate the uzi inconsistency...

> Thanks once again and take care,
> Gilberto

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor