[L2Ork-dev] $0 weirdness

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Dec 8 12:55:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ico,
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> OK, try the latest commit. Basically, it only converts the # into $ if it
>> is not followed by a numerical digit that may suggest it is an arg rather
>> than a string.
>>

> This should be all that's needed. The latest revision does this fine.
>
> *BUT* suddenly the Properties dialog on number and symbol boxes doesn't
> open any more as soon as a send or receive symbol has been set (see
> attached bug.pd).

I don't seem to have this problem.  I opened the patch and right-clicking
on all the objects opens just fine. Did you make sure to sync with the
latest git?

> Other than that, this works great for me.
>
> There are still weird/illogical ways of breaking this, something that
>> vanilla also exhibits. For instance, having:
>>
>> A#0B will expand #0 into patch's instance
>>
>> Whereas
>>
>> A$0B will truncate $
>>

> I can't reproduce this here. Both seem to work fine (and the same way) for
> me, in any Pd version (see attached nonbug.pd). But maybe I misunderstood
> you. Do you have a sample patch exhibiting the defect?

This is because I did another commit pd-l2ork side that enabled this for
pd-l2ork. Prior to this A$0B would become A0B both on pd-vanilla. That
said, I haven't synced my vanilla git in a while. Are you sure you're not
getting it truncated like that on your version of the vanilla?