[L2Ork-dev] installing pd-l2ork

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 06:29:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 7:31 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> If anyone has an idea if it is safe to remove Gem.pc from pd-l2ork
> package, please let me know.

That's exactly what I do in the AUR packages for Arch Linux, for the same
reason. This is the easiest way to go.

For Debian packages, you could also use diversions (cf. dpkg-divert(8))
which go into the preinst script of a package. I have examples of these in
my pd-l2ork base packages on Launchpad (
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/pd-l2ork.precise), where I
use them to prevent conflicts on pdsend/pdreceive, which are also provided
by different Pd packages.

I presume doing so may preclude someone from building an external library
> that depends on Gem in case they don't have extended installed. Thoughts?

Presumably they are available through other packages, like pd-extended or
gem-dev on Ubuntu 14.04.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com