[L2Ork-dev] compiling pd-l2Ork from source

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:56:08 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> If anybody on Ubuntu 14-04 wants to give them a go, the packages are in my
> test PPA right now: https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/test.
> I'll move them over to the pd-l2ork.trusty PPA.some time tomorrow. They
> should also port to 12.04 and 14.10 without too much difficulty, I hope.

The latest packages for Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) and 14.04 (Trusty) are now
available here:

https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/pd-l2ork.precise
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/pd-l2ork.trusty

The package also builds fine on 14.10 (Utopic). I don't have a dedicated
PPA for that yet, but you can find the package in my Test PPA at
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/test.

If you'd like to roll your own packages, for the time being you can find
all my Debian packaging stuff in my fork of the pd-l2ork repo here:
https://github.com/agraef/pd. (A pull request is pending, so hopefully this
stuff will soon be in VT's master repo as well.) This is provided as an
alternative to tar_em_up.sh -B, which has improved Debian package files and
encompasses everything that's needed to build proper Debian source and
binary packages. There's a debuild folder there with a Makefile which
automatizes the process, so if you have a Launchpad account and your Debian
packaging toolchain set up on your system, you can create your own Pd-L2Ork
PPAs if you want, or you can just use the provided Makefile targets to
build Debian source and binary packages locally (see the debuild/Makefile
for instructions).

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com