[L2Ork-dev] compiling pd-l2Ork from source

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Nov 14 01:30:34 UTC 2014

Just merged your pull request, also corrected one stray segfault earlier
today, and cleaned up ReadMe.html creation (will need to revisit this
later to add proper authorships in there). I also saw Jonathan uploading
new version of the ds-demos, so, once we address the memory leak
Jonathan discovered on the data structure side of things, I think we
should be just about ready to go with the new release.

On 11/13/2014 07:42 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com
> <mailto:aggraef at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     That patch has issues. Please don't commit, I'll post a corrected
>     version later.
>

> I corrected that patch now, submitted as pull request #7.
>
> The package builds fine from a source snapshot with pbuilder-dist now.
> I already tested that package on Ubuntu 14.04, it contains all the
> stuff in the upstream package and seems to work all right.
>
> A test build on Launchpad also went through to the very end, but then
> the automated Launchpad build log filters detected an issue with one
> of the externals in the amd64 build:
>
> Function `strtok' implicitly converted to pointer at
> /build/buildd/pd-l2ork-0.42.6+git20141112+1479/externals/jasch_lib/strtok/strtok.c:80
>
> This needs to be corrected since Launchpad refuses the package because
> of this bug. It probably indicates a missing declaration in that
> module, will look into it.
>
> The full buildlog is available here, in case anyone wants to have a
> look:
> https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/test/+build/6568084/+files/buildlog_ubuntu-trusty-amd64.pd-l2ork_0.42.6%2Bgit20141112%2B1479-1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
> <https://launchpad.net/%7Edr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/test/+build/6568084/+files/buildlog_ubuntu-trusty-amd64.pd-l2ork_0.42.6%2Bgit20141112%2B1479-1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz>
>
> The i386 build went through all right, so this seems to be the only
> remaining issue. As soon as I have this sorted out, I'll submit my
> Debian packaging in another pull request and move the packages to my
> pd-l2ork.trusty PPA for everyone to test.
>
> --
> Dr. Albert Gr"af
> Computer Music Research Group, JGU Mainz, Germany
> Email: aggraef at gmail.com <mailto:aggraef at gmail.com>
> WWW: https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor