[L2Ork-dev] Set menu font

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri May 2 19:52:48 UTC 2014

On May 2, 2014 2:43 PM, "András Murányi" <muranyia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Andras,
>>
>> Hope all is well.
>>
>> In pd-l2ork there are no startup plugins mainly because my take on them
is if the GUI is designed the right way and is flexible enough in its
configuration there is no need for plugins to begin with. Now, I am not
saying that we are there yet but that is the general idea behind the
current development. I think the right-click popup font size corresponds to
the patch font size, but I am not entirely sure. If you are asking about
the pop-up external then I have no idea because that will entirely depend
on how that particular external is coded. Regarding your earlier question
involving abstractions that apparently did not work, I am not sure what the
source of the problem is because I have not used those abstractions yet. My
gut reaction is that things are not visible because of the the inconsistent
positioning of iemgui objects is fixed in pd-l2ork and is not compatible
with original PD. If so, this is a simple matter of adjusting things within
the abstraction. Hope this helps!

> Thanks I'm doing good except I got a bit tired of tying to domesticate
pd... now back in the trench once again.
> For the first question, I'm actually asking where is the right place to
insert tcl code if I don't want to alter the sources. I'm pretty sure the
menu font can be customized separately from other texts (provided that
menus have a class or other id), it's just I

Indeed, and this is a huge assumption that I don't remember off top my head
if it holds true for internal aspects of pd-l2ork and know for sure that
many third party externals don't adhere to.

don't know where to invoke the tcl from.
> My other question was regarding s-abstractions as it is, which means I
don't want to customize it but preferably pull it straight from git.
> https://github.com/chr15m/s-abstractions/tree/master/trunk
> or even
> https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/tree/master/abstractions/s-abstractions
> I'm asking you to take a look at s-env-help.pd (and eventually
s-env~-help.pd) and feed back if it works for you and if not, if changes
must be made to the abstractions or to pd-l2ork.

I am sorry but I'm not in position of supporting the entire third-party
ecosystem. I will try to look this up at some point if I find enough time
to do so but I think the time will be better spent if you could please
follow up first on my suggestion. If that proves not to work then we can
take it to the next level.

HTH

Best wishes,

Ico