[L2Ork-dev] ANN: pd-l2ork v.20130920 released

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 09:39:40 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico.bukvic at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is my pleasure to announce the latest release of pd-l2ork free
> open-source visual programming language for interactive media, and
> supporting K12 educational module for the 32-bit and 64-bit Linux, as well
> as Raspberry Pi (Arm) platforms. pd-l2ork is the infrastructural backbone of
> Virginia Tech DISIS Linux Laptop Orchestra (http://l2ork.music.vt.edu).

Congrats. Really a great release, with an impressive feature list, and
just in time for the winter semester preparations. :)

The AUR package is up-to-date by definition, as it builds from current
git sources, so all you have to do on Arch and Manjaro to get the
latest and greatest pd-l2ork is to run 'yaourt pd-l2ork'. (Be patient,
this takes a while since it pulls all the latest pd-l2ork and Gem
sources and then does a full build.) This is the full "Burrito
Supreme" version, so K12 and all addon externals are included. Please
check https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pd-l2ork/ for further
details.

I've also updated my "vanilla" Pd-L2Ork packages for all recent Ubuntu
flavors on Launchpad, so if you only want a minimal package with the
basic pd-l2ork (no K12 or add-on externals), you can grab these here
(pick the PPA for your Ubuntu version):

https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/pd-l2ork.precise
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/pd-l2ork.quantal
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/pd-l2ork.raring

(This should be enough to take the new release for a quick test drive,
but to get the full experience you really need to get Ico's "Burrito
Supreme" package instead. I mainly use the above packages to build the
Pd-L2Ork Pure and Faust externals on Launchpad, but they might still
be useful for people who don't need the full version.)

My Pure and Faust plugins for pd-l2ork (pdl2ork-pure and
pdl2ork-faust) are available from the same locations, and
corresponding packages can be found in the AUR as well.

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754