[L2Ork-dev] Bug in route

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 16:06:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> Albert, please try attached patch and report behavior. According to help
> file logic, it should output bangs but I think it forwards values.

It outputs "ROUTE: bang", as it should.

> This is why I introduced a patch on 8/26 to address this inconsistency.

You're talking about rev. e9556bd3 here, right?

> The patch in question is exactly the opposite of what you're proposing. See
> https://github.com/agraef/pd/commit/e44d8b35eecc27822ea990ab8b0a3de9a0e4636a

Look again. Your rev. e9556bd3 has three chunks, I only reverted the
second and third one. The first chunk in rev. e9556bd3 deals with the
code path where there is a float as input and you find a float literal
in the creation arguments which matches, so in this case it outputs a
bang on the corresponding outlet (after rev. e9556bd3). This is
correct and I didn't touch this. The second and third chunk in rev.
e9556bd3, however, are wrong. Here we're left with the case where
we're *only* matching against the 'float' and 'symbol' types, and
outputting a 'bang' there is clearly wrong, you must output the float
or symbol itself.

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754