[L2Ork-dev] Bug in route

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 20:09:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> The fact that the route can be used both as a route and a
> selector to me is something that is not and optimal approach.

I agree that 'route' is rather confusing in some ways. But there needs
to be a way to dispatch on data types and 'route' is the most obvious
choice for that. The way that vanilla Pd's 'route' behaves in that
mode is IMHO straightforward and also consistent with the way it
dispatches on literal selectors. As long as you don't try to mix the
different modes, that is; but it's always easy to do without that.

It's fine for me if pd-l2ork goes off into its own direction, as long
as there remains a core set of objects which makes it possible to
write patches that work with both vanilla pd and pd-l2ork. And 'route'
is certainly one of these objects, as you can't really do much
symbolic processing without it. Breaking compatibility with vanilla pd
there is going to be a real problem, at least for me.

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754