[L2Ork-dev] Bug in route

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 19:20:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico.bukvic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are all the other conditions still valid (as in other modes)? pd-l2ork's
> route differs on a number of counts from vanilla route, although its
> operation should remain consistent (apart from additional options).

I tried all the examples in route-help.pd and its subpatches, and with
my changes they all work as described in those help patches. This
covers all the different uses. Don't take my word for it; try it for
yourself. :) Specifically, have a look at the type_mode subpatch, this
covers the cases where pd-l2ork currently does the wrong thing. If you
click on the [89( and [float 7( messages in the type_mode subpatch, it
should bang the second outlet of [route] (which it does) and also
output the number in the corresponding number box (which it doesn't).
A similar issue arises with the [symbol pie( message and the symbol
selector. These issues are fixed by my proposed changeset.

If you still don't believe me, just look at the code itself. Your code
clearly does the wrong thing, it will always output a bang in response
to a float or a symbol.

Note that this isn't just some esoteric corner case. It's a real bug
which actually breaks one of my patches that works fine with vanilla
Pd and previously used to run fine with pd-l2ork, too.

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754