[L2Ork-dev] Fwd: RE: preset_hub isues/questions

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:35:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico.bukvic at gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]

It's about a bit more than hiding the hub, my goal is a sort of a modular
system of abstractions where i only have GOP abstractions on the toplevel
and I eventually drag them around or make some live patching between them.
So a lonely [preset_hub] hanging out of each preset managing abstraction
will be a bit like having a single part (say the carburettor) fixed to the
outside of cars :) More seriously, it makes dragging the abstraction
harder, because click-select is not an option then.
Is there an obstacle/risk in the way of allowing hubs to be placed inside
[pd] subpatches and considering them being on the parent canvas?

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> As for the slowness of the array store/recall, I would need to investigate
> to see where the slowness occurs. Are you sure you are outputting array
> values only once? Are you using array_changed receive? If so, check how
> many bangs you’re getting. There may be a bug in there. If you can send a
> distilled version of the patch I can look into it further.****
>
> **

I wanted to make you a distilled version by putting only 8 of my sequencer
tracks with a hub on a toplevel - I actually did but it happens to be
lightning fast. So it seems this is again a case where the slowness only
occurs when the whole patch is big. I wonder if there's a remedy. Also tell
me if I shall prepare you a big but clean example patch.

Thanks,

András