[L2Ork-dev] preset_hub and arrays

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 17:58:00 UTC 2013

>  Oh no! preset_node doesn't work with [list]. Neither with a message box.
>>>>
>>> The help file has an example with a list. You just have to make sure it
>>> is the one that has nothing appended to its right inlet as that is
>>> something preset_node cannot (easily) account for.

Hm. Do you intend to change this in the future, or maybe some note could be
added to the preset_node help?

>>>  Try the attached. Notice how preset_node is connected to a list that
>> has nothing appended to its right inlet (otherwise this will be appended to
>> the list preset_node outputs--see [list append] for more info. [list] is
>> essentially abbreviation for [list append]).

OK. Thanks for the fix!

>> The only lingering component is detecting changes when a file is loaded
>> into an array and that is something that can be easily adjusted by manually
>> sending a bang in the <arrayname>-changed upon successfully opening a file.

Well, that's, we could say, by design, unless you want to implement an
additional version of <arrayname>-changed which bangs on any kind of change
to the array (not only manual "drawing").

>>  So, the updated version of your abstraction (there have been a few more
> fixes needed to make it work universally) is now a part of the pd-l2ork git.

Cool. :o)
I've attached an update to the help file. In case you cannot overwrite the
current version these are the changes I propose:
- Uncheck "save contents" for myarray1
- Delete OUTLET_1 from [pd meta]

András