[L2Ork-dev] pd-l2ork 20121115 rc1 now available including deb -- please test and provide feedback

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Nov 25 19:31:48 UTC 2012

Thanks for the update! The control file is dynamically updated when the deb
package is generated, so the one you are looking at is merely a template.
Check the packages/linux_make/build/DEBIAN folder for the actual control
package that is built as a result of this process.

On a related note, I am wondering if it may not be a bad idea to start with
removing all unneeded libraries and work with only those that users mostly
use. And then slowly expand to include those that users want while improving
upon them (this is what I did with a number of mixed and ggee objects but is
time-consuming and assuring quality across the board is going to take quite
some time). What do you guys use in your labs other than vanilla pd?

L2Ork
> developers, contributors, and supporters.
> Subject: Re: [L2Ork-dev] pd-l2ork 20121115 rc1 now available including deb
--
> please test and provide feedback
>
> On 11/24/2012 05:43 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > Since this is a release candidate, fixes below are minor and cosmetic.
>
> Thanks for the explanations.
>
> > The most important thing I am really looking for is anything that does
> > not work, crashes, misbehaves, etc.
>
> Well, I've installed it now and will give it a whirl on my own machines
first. If it
> appears stable enough then we can also give it a try in the midi lab where
I'm
> doing some courses using Pd this semester. Of course we won't be using
> many of the additional plugins, but if we notice anything then I'll let
you
> know.
>
> FWIW, I was able to build the Debian package without any hitches (I didn't
> run into any of the mishaps that Jonathan reported), I only had to fix up
> some of the dependencies in the Debian control file as we're still running
> Ubuntu 11.04 here. If anyone needs it I can upload the Natty .deb
> somewhere, just let me know.
>
> One thing I did notice in packages/linux_make/debian/control is that
there's
> a line 'Architecture: i386' in there, maybe this is the cause of
Jonathan's