[L2Ork-dev] Can't compile Pd-L2Ork

Esteban Viveros emviveros at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 02:21:16 UTC 2012

Now I tried to run the pd-l2ork DEBUG and I have on terminal:

GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4-2012.04-0ubuntu2.1) 7.4-2012.04
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>...
Lendo símbolos de /usr/bin/pd-l2ork...concluído.
(gdb) Starting program: /usr/bin/pd-l2ork -rt -jack -audiobuf 5 -inchannels
2 -outchannels 2 -alsamidi -d 3
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
set pd_whichmidiapi 1
priority 6 scheduling enabled.
priority 8 scheduling enabled.
pdtk_watchdog
pdtk_pd_startup {Pd-l2ork version 20121215
} { {OSS 2} {ALSA 1} {jack 5} } { {default-MIDI 2} {ALSA-MIDI 1} } {DejaVu
Sans Mono} normal
set pd_whichmidiapi 1
[New Thread 0x7ffff7fd2700 (LWP 17551)]
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
pdtk_post {
error: }
pdtk_post {JACK: unable to connect to JACK server}
pdtk_post {
JACK: jack returned status 17}
set pd_whichapi 0
[Thread 0x7ffff7fd2700 (LWP 17551) exited]
pd watchdog ;
pd init /home/esteban 0 8 5 11
    9 6 12
    10 6 13
    12 7 16
    14 8 17
    16 10 19
    18 11 22
    24 14 29
    30 18 37
    36 22 44 ;
pdtk_post {
libdir: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
Gem: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
cyclone: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
zexy: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
creb: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
cxc: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
iemlib: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
list-abs: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
mapping: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
markex: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
maxlib: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
memento: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
mjlib: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
motex: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
oscx: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
pddp: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
pdogg: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
pixeltango: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
pmpd: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
rradical: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
sigpack: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
smlib: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
unauthorized: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
vbap: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
pan: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
freeverb~: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
hcs: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
jmmmp: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
ext13: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
ggee: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
iem_anything: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
ekext: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
pdp: can't load library}
pdtk_post {
pidip: can't load library}
pd watchdog ;
pd watchdog ;
pd watchdog ;

If I start jack, I don't have any jack error related, and pd-l2ork can't
load libraries and pd watchdog "ad infinitum" persist.

2012/12/15 Esteban Viveros <emviveros at gmail.com>

> http://ubuntuone.com/3WXEWMnIh3QEwS9NDGMj9R pd-l2ork-x86_64-20121215.deb
> on case it's usefull
>

> 2012/12/15 Esteban Viveros <emviveros at gmail.com>
>
>> I'm trying a new compile of pd-l2ork now.
>>
>> First using systemback I restore the system before then any pd
>> installation.
>>
>> I needed to install the dependencies and the system can't find svn
>> package.
>> I install all other packages and then I install git-svn package.
>>
>> After create pd-l2ork-svn directory, and be in that:
>>
>> git clone git://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd.git pd-l2ork
>>
>> and then I compiled a deb package for possible uninstall needed. But when
>> I try to install the package compiled I have the message:
>>
>> "O pacote não prevê um campo de controle válido para o Tamanho instalado.
>> Consulte a Política Debian 5.6.20."
>>
>> something like that: The package don't have size control parameters valid
>> to size installed.  See Debian 5.6.20 terms.
>>
>> I ignore the message and I proceed the installation.
>>
>> Testing on Porres's Tutorial, my pd-l2ork:
>>
>> Foder 2, patch 2: I didn't have [prepend sinesum 4096]
>>
>> Folder 2, patch 4: I don't have [square~]
>>
>> What I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> ps.: The UTF-8 working a lot!! Fine!

>>> BTW, I just added experimental support for UTF-8 characters in the git.
>>> Please test and report (FWIW, the patch worked with the patches provided
>>> by Esteban).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
>>> Composition, Music Technology
>>> Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
>>> Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
>>> Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
>>> Virginia Tech
>>> Department of Music