[L2Ork-dev] install pd2lork on mac

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Dec 9 17:03:37 UTC 2012

Hi Ezequiel,

Thanks for your interested in pd-l2ork. Currently, we don't have enough
resources to support deployment on either OSX or Windows but this should
not be too hard. I suspect the only changes that would have to be
checked for would be located in the pd.tk file that is responsible for
the gui operation. I don't see this being too complicated but it may
take some time to make sure everything indeed works as it should.

The critical thing is not to mix pd-l2ork and regular pd external
binaries as the two are not binary compatible. Pd-l2ork however does
work with all externals as long as they are compiled from the same
source specifically using pd-l2ork includes.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Ico

On 12/09/2012 11:38 AM, Ezequiel Abregú wrote:
> Hello:
>
> let me know if is possible to install pd2lork on osx 10.6.8 (Snow
> Leopard) from sourcecode.
> If possible, I ask them to indicate how!
> I usadando pd2lork in linux and was amazed!
>
> thanks and congratulations for this wonderful pd distribution!!!
>
> Ezequiel Abregú

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music